Last Reviewed: October 27, 2021
Last Modified: October 27, 2021
2. Personal Information We Collect About You
Our Website is designed to provide basic information about our services and to provide you with certain webforms to initiate contact with us to learn more about us and how we might be able to help you, and to seek support. Your use of the Website does not create a client relationship with us, however: that requires a separate written agreement. Currently, the only way for you to actively provide us with information through the Website is through our webforms – such as those located at https://askpivot.com/contact/; https://info.askpivot.com/pro; https://askpivot.com/web/website-support/; and https://askpivot.com/covid-19/recovery/. When you interact with these webforms, we may collect personal information from you such as:
- First and last name;
- Job title;
- Company name;
- Company website URL(s);
- Email address;
- Website log-in credentials;
- Phone number; and
- Any other information you choose to provide in the narrative section of the webform or files you upload to a webform.
We may also collect the IP address of all Website visitors, device IDs if the Website is accessed from a mobile device, and general information about the equipment you use to access the Website, your operating system and browser type, the times and dates of your interactions with the Website, details of your transactions through and interactions with the Website, and software event data.
Unless required to log in, you are prohibited from providing us with any confidential or sensitive information through our webforms.
3. How We Collect Information
We may collect information:
- Directly from you when you provide it, including by filling out webforms or otherwise requesting additional information or services.
- Automatically as you interact with the Website, such as data on browsing activities and patterns, times and dates of visits, and event data.
- From third parties that we use to operate the Website and its services.
Analytics Cookies. We use analytics cookies. These cookies collect information about your use of the Website to help create reports and statistics on the performance of the Website. Analytics cookies collect information such as your IP address, type of device, operating system, referring URLs, country information, date and time of page visits, and which pages you visit the most. The information allows us to count our audience size, see the overall patterns of usage on the Website, help us record any difficulties you have with the Website, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. Information collected via the use of analytics cookies will be deleted every five years. Currently, we use Google Analytics-related cookies. You may be able to opt out of the use of these cookies by installing an add-on available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use or disclose personal information for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Presenting our Website and its contents.
- Providing the information, goods, and services you’ve requested or agreed to receive.
- Enabling you to interact with Website features and improving the Website’s performance when you return to the Website.
- Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between us, including for billing and collection.
- Improving and managing the Website.
- Informing you about new features of the Website.
- To contact you with newsletters and marketing or promotional materials related to our goods and services.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For other purposes with your consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
4. How We Share Information
We may share the information we have collected about you—including personal information—as disclosed at the time you provide such information and in the following circumstances:
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to assist in gauging Website traffic patterns, daily visitor volume, and overall access patterns and visitor origination points. Some information—such as IP addresses—may be provided to Google as a condition of using Google Analytics. For example, we comply with the requirements imposed by Google LLC to utilize Google Analytics. You may learn more about how Google uses this information, and how you may be able to opt-out of certain Google service features, such as through your device advertising settings, here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Administrative and Legal Reasons. We may also disclose personal information to enforce or apply our agreement(s) with you or if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us; and (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, its users, or the public.
Business Transfer. We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Website, including, without limitation, all personal information and usage information: (y) to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Website or applicable database; or (z) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our equity interests and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process or during any bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
5. Sales of Personal Information.
We have not sold, and—except in connection with a business transfer (described above)—we will not sell your personal information.
6. Links to Other Websites and Services
Personal information is stored in operating environments that are not available to the public. Only those of our employees and agents who need access to personal information to do their jobs are allowed access, each having signed confidentiality agreements or otherwise subject to a duty of confidentiality.
While we make reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or information we transmit to you from the Website, and you assume all related risks.
8. Other Information
Business Purpose. We collect and process personal information only when we have a business purpose to do so. Examples of these business purposes include (a) analyzing user data to maintain and improve the Website for all users; (b) providing you with access to the Website and goods and services provided through the Website; (c) providing you with up-to-date information about new features of the Website; (d) engaging third-party providers to deliver certain features of the Website; and (e) complying with record retention laws or other legal obligations.
Do Not Track. Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. At this time, the Website does not respond to DNT signals.
Children Under 16. The Website is not intended for children under 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not use the Website or submit any personal information through it. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided their personal information to us through the Website, please contact us and we will delete that information.
9. Your Choices and Privacy Rights
If you choose not to provide personal information, you may be unable to access or use the Website or certain Website features.
Your Privacy Rights. To request access to or correct or delete information submitted through the Website, or to opt out of advertising provided directly by us, you may submit a request – with “Opt-Out” in the subject line – to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; be sure to include your name, address, and/or email address so we can identify you. If you only wish to unsubscribe from emails, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you received. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
Please note, however, that we may be unable to change or delete personal information if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Please also note that if we process your personal information on behalf of a customer, we may not be able to respond other than to direct you to such customer. In any event, we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to any request.
Depending on the law that applies where you live (e.g., if you reside in the European Union), you may have additional rights – such as the right to object to further processing of your personal information, the right to request restrictions on such processing, or request that we send your information to another organization of your choice (where technically feasible).
For Users Based in California. This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California residents and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California residents the right to request to know more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales,” and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. California residents may make a rights request for access or deletion by calling (503)608-7810 or emailing email@example.com. You can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, but we will require proof of authorization. If you submit a request under the CPA, our response may include, as applicable:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name, contact information, IP address and other online identifiers), commercial information (such as products and services purchased), and internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing behavior).
- We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Personal Information” section above. We share this information with service providers as described in the “How We Share Information” section above.
- In the last 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business and commercial purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Recipients
Internet or other similar network activity
Improper Collection and Misuse of Personal Information. Please report any improper collection or misuse of personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the law where you live, you may also have the right to file a complaint with your local attorney general or other data protection authority.
10. Our Contact Information
The Pivot Group, LLC
7405 SW Tech Center Drive, Suite 140
Portland, OR 97223